Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Paxton at 3 months

Another month has passed.  I seriously can't believe how fast the time goes by.  I know I've said that in my previous posts, but it seems like it's going by even faster this year than in the past.  Anyways.  Here's an update on my little man.

At 3 months, Paxton:

- is getting closer to laughing.  I can tell that he wants to when I get him on a "big smile" roll.  He's also let out a few little ha's in his sleep that we've giggled about.

- is cooing a lot more and we've had a few "converstaions" that have lasted about 5 minutes.

- weighs about 14 lbs.  We weighed him at Grammie and Grandpa Robinson's house on the 21st and Grandpa said he was 13 lbs 12 oz.  That was including his clothes and diaper, and I'm guessing he's gained a bit in the last week since his cheeks just keep getting chubbier.

- has almost lost his double chin.  However, this is not because he's losing weight.  This is because his second chin is getting so big it's almost the same size as his regular chin!  But it's just adorable on Paxton.

- is into 3 month clothes now.  I have been procrastinating packing up his newborn clothes, but I was informed today that I need to do that by Jay.  I went out to Wal Mart and left the boys alone for about 1/2 hour.  I returned to find Paxton dressed like this:

Apparently Jay was unaware of how Paxton's clothes are arranged in his dresser and so he had him in a onesie that was too small to do up.  I remedied this immediately, but only after I'd had a good laugh.

- can touch the floor and sort of bounce back and forth in his Jumperoo.  He still isn't too interested in being in there for too long though.

- sits up in his Bumbo.  It's amazing the difference a month makes.  Once again, not too interested in being left in the Bumbo for too long.  I foresee a lot of one-handed meals or meals eaten only when Paxton is soundly asleep. *sigh*

- plays with his rings while sitting in his high chair.  I can usually get Paxton to sit in his high chair for about 1/2 hour in the morning while I check my email, etc on the computer and have my chocolate milk (or coffee on the mornings when we've had a rough night).  He's usually quite content to play with his rings, but he hasn't quite figured out how to pick them up.  He'll grab them if I put one in his hand (like the finger grab reflex) and hang on to it, or he'll sort of scoop them towards himself.  I'm thinking it won't be too much longer until he puts the whole thing together.

- still hasn't "discovered" his hands and feet.  Like I said before, he does some stuff with his hands, but I don't think it's really intentional.  Not too much longer, though!

- seems to be working out a sleeping schedule (which will probably go out the window now that I've mentioned it!).  He generally goes down about 7 or 8 pm and sleeps until between 2 and 4 am.  Then he wakes up for a bum change and a feeding and goes back to sleep for 2 to 4 more hours.  During the day it's not so predictable, but most days he has at least one nap that's an hour to 2 hours long.  Mom is getting better at fitting stuff in during the naps!

- is tracking things with his eyes now.  He'll watch me as I move around the kitchen in the mornings and turns to look when I'm playing with him.  He is also staring to "watch" tv with us.  He appears to be most intersted when there are bright colors.

- is getting too big for his baby bathtub.  I think we will be upgrading to the big bath soon.

- is really good about sleeping while we're walking the dogs.  He usually goes right to sleep when we start walking and stays that way until we get home.  Hopefully he likes the new jogging stroller as much as the one his car seat fits on.

- gets cuter every day!  Each day I marvel that this perfect little guy is all mine.  Well, ok, I have to share him with a bunch of people, but at the end of the day he's my baby boy.  I now understand why "Love You Forever" always made my Mom cry!

And now for pictures.  Sorry there are a lot.  Apparently I need to do more than one blog a month.

Flirting with Auntie Kizzy at her birthday party on Valentine's Day
Hangin' with Grammie at Auntie Kizzy's birthday
Towel Baby!
Smiles for Dad
Fell asleep while on "auto feed"
"See Mom, I can pick these things up!"
Flirting with Auntie Kizzy at Mom's birthday party
Cool Dude ready for a walk
Sitting in the Bumbo
This shirt is actually size 6 months, but it's just so cute I made him wear it early.  It's only a bit too big.
Watchin' some Olympic Hockey.  I think it's the Canada vs. Russia game.
And this one's for everyone who is still asking how the dogs are with Paxton.  They love him!

3 comments:

  1. LOVE the outfit Jay came up with! Ba Ha Ha! Don't worry - Cliff's had a few that I just shake my head at as well!
    Paxton is sooooooooooo cute! Sigh. Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dee Sweet-GreenwoodMarch 3, 2010 at 10:56 PM

    He's just adorable!! And big!! And fun!! I love this stage when they begin to interact with you and you find out what makes them laugh, and they coo and make cute noises. When am I going to see you two again? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's geting so big and I love the "flirting pictures. Grammie definately needs a Paxton fix. Can't wait until Monday. Love you, Mommy

    ReplyDelete