Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Vinyl is a Girl's Best Friend

Well, it's definitely one of my new favorite ways to decorate!  You may or may not have heard of vinyl lettering, and I know there are a lot of people selling it, but I am loving it!  My friend, Tisha, sells vinyl lettering with Uppercase Living and I attended her Christmas Project Night out in Raymond last Thursday.  I got to put together some super cute new decorations which I figured I would show off.

Christmas Countdown Board (the black part is a chalkboard!) 
New Stocking Hanger (so Santa won't have to try to fill our stockings while they're hung from the mirrors way up on our wall) 
Yes I know some of the hooks are crooked, but I was too lazy to take another picture after I fixed them 
Our "Santa Plate" for cookies.  I'm planning to display it throughout the season and then we can put the cookies on it Christmas Eve.


I also have a super cute Halloween tile with this on it (which apparently I didn't take any pictures of and I once again am too lazy to go dig it out to take a picture):


Now I just have to stop being super lazy and put up the chalkboard calendar that I bought from my show back at the end of May!

4 comments:

  1. oooooohhh...I luuurve Vinyl! It makes me giddy! Ca-ute crafts! Love the plate for Santa idea...mayhaps I will do that next year!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. youre so crafty.
    teach me your ways!

    i brought my sewing machine upstairs to re-attempt to teach myself a thing or two....and there it sits.

    i never was the natural crafty type :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya, I can't sew. That's what my Mom and sisters are for ... well not just that :) I can definitely teach you how to do vinyl though. It's like a giant sticker. And you can stick it to pretty much any clean, dry surface!

    I guess some craftiness was involved seeing as how I had to paint the board for the stocking hanger and screw on the hooks. Yes, I am a handy-woman!

    ReplyDelete
  4. watch out sis....it all starts with a little craft itch! We'll convert you to quilting yet! LOL. Your stuff is adorable!

    ReplyDelete