Friday, February 24, 2012

I mean this in the nicest possible way

Dear Paxton,

Thank you so much for helping me create such a fantastic memory this morning.  I'm sure I will treasure the mere thought of this day for years to come.  It really was a truly fabulous way for me to start off my day.

I will admit that hearing you stir at 5:40 this morning as I was getting on my elliptical was a little disconcerting.  Having you resist any and all attempts from me to explain that it wasn't time for you to be up for the day yet and to soothe you back to sleep for the 20 minutes after that just added to the magic of the experience.  But the icing on the cake has got to be when I left you in your crib so that I could go exercise and you proceeded to cry and scream "Mommy!" for 35 minutes straight.

I appreciate that you love me and want to spend time with me.  It warms my heart and makes me smile just thinking about it.  However, you and I both know that the spare room downstairs is not child friendly and that if I'd taken you with me, you would have spent the entire time putting handfuls of dog food into the water dish so that you could watch them "grow."  Hopefully you found some value in this experience as well and the next time you want to be up before the sun has even thought about showing its face you will reflect on this precious memory and let it soothe you back to sleep.

All my love,

Mommy

P.S.  I already get up at 5 am so that I can exercise and shower before you wake up.  I will not be getting up any earlier than that.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry my sister!!!! What a little stinker bug my cute nephew can be. I don't know why they are so sinked into us....if we're awake - so are they. I can sometimes sneak in a workout before the kids realize I'm up, but not usually. Good luck - stay strong- and keep doing all you're doing for you!

    ReplyDelete