Wednesday, September 30, 2009

First Blog

So this is my first blog ... obviously.  I'm not quite sure what to write, but I'll give it a go anyway.

It's 2 am right now, and I probably should be sleeping.  However, I am 7 months pregnant and apparently insomnia has decided to make a comeback.  I actually have been sleeping relatively well for the last month or so, but I guess not everything about this pregnancy is going to be perfect!  All things considered I really don't have much to complain about.  I didn't have any morning sickness (yay me!) or really any other of the common pregnancy symptoms.  The most I have to complain about is that I'm starting to get cankles a bit lately.  I mean, if that's it after 7 months then I should probably be rejoicing.

"So why the insomnia?" you might ask.  Well it's probably from stuff that most expectant mom's worry about.  Am I ready for this?  Will I be a good mom?  Will we be ok financially once I'm on Mat Leave?  Is Jay ready for this?  How will I cope with 2 dogs and a newborn at home? (ok so maybe not everyone worries about this) Not to mention that we haven't even started on the baby's room yet and time is rapidly slipping away.  I'm starting to feel like "nesting" but at the same time have no motivation to do anything once I get home from work at night.  So the baby's room remains my junk room.  We still need to strip the old wallpaper in the baby's room and then re-paint. After that we need to clean the carpet and get everything set up. I guess it's a good thing that I'm going on Mat Leave a month before I'm due. Hopefully I'll have everything ready by the time Baby Boy decides to make his appearance!



We are so lucky that we have such great family and friends around to help and support us, though.  We've been really fortunate that a lot of the people we know are done having kids and are looking for someone to give their old stuff to.  My mother-in-law wants to buy us a crib, which I'm still looking for ... ok so I've only been out once this last weekend.  But hopefully we will be getting one in the next week or so.  We are also lacking a car seat so we should probably get on that one as well so that we don't have to worry about trying to leave the hospital with the baby. 

Anyways, enough of my whining.  I'm really excited for this new chapter in our lives and I'm sure we'll figure it out as we go along.  For now, though, I think it's time for me to go back to bed!  I'll leave you with some prego pictures to admire!


This is me at 7 weeks.



This is me at 24 weeks.  Just slightly bigger!

Oh, and one last tidbit for you ... there are 83 days until my due date which means that Christmas is only 85 days away!  Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Great blog sis! Sorry about the insomnia! And don't worry, you and J will be great parents!

    ReplyDelete