Tuesday, January 25, 2011

First Haircut

Jay has been ragging on me about how Paxton needs a haircut for quite some time now.  I guess I've just been procrastinating because this is yet another milestone on our trip from babyhood into toddlerhood. *sigh*  Well, Paxton and I were in Raymond visiting Grammie, Pa and Auntie Kizzy on Sunday evening and I mentioned that Paxton did actually need a haircut.  Pa was quick to volunteer their clippers.  I politely informed my Father that I was disinclined to acquiesce to his request (something along the lines of, "You are not buzzing my son's head!).  Grammie was far more diplomatic and offered to give the boy a trim.

I think it went fairly well.  Paxton did not cry, whimper, or make any sort of noise of discomfort the entire time.  He was, however extremely interested in what Grammie was doing with the scissors and kept attempting to watch where they were (this involved a lot of head-turning).

Overall I think it turned out quite well.  And, like my Mom said, "You get what you pay for!"  At least he was spared the fate of his Mother's first haircut (courtesy of Auntie Kelly).  But that's a whole 'nother story ... and it doesn't have nearly as many cute pictures to go with it :)

5 comments:

  1. hmmm sounds like a funny story about you and Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is now ... not so much when it happened. short story: it was "haircut day" on Sesame Street, and Kelly got her scissors taken away for 3 years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paxton looks great with his little wings! If you're ever going to use the clippers on him you need to start soon - then he'll just think it tickles instead of screaming bloody murder like my oldest two did for the longest time. We learned our lesson and Brock thinks it's hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. if you are worried about leaving babyhood, perhaps time for another baby?!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Golly he's cute! I would have cried a little bit had you chopped all his loverly locks off:) The 1st haircut IS a big mile stone...congrats;0)

    ReplyDelete