Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Flashdancing Leprechaun

I know, you're pretty excited by the title of this post.  It brings all sorts of images of awesomeness to the brain.  I hope this doesn't disappoint.

Part I

Paxton's been "talking" a lot lately.  Not so much actual words, but a lot of gibberish.  And he's starting to do "sentences" where he'll string out a bunch of gibberish together and then wait for you to respond before he continues with the conversation.  This provides much entertainment for Jay and myself.  A little while ago, Paxton was jabbering away when we overheard something that sounded suspiciously like "A-hai-de-di-dai-de-di-dai-de-di-dai."  So we came to the conclusion that perhaps it's not gibberish he's speaking. Maybe we just can't understand his accent because ... he's a Leprechaun!  Now if only I could find his pot o' gold!


(I know it's kind of an old picture, but I was too lazy to make a hybrid of a picture of Paxton with a leprechaun picture from the internet.)

Part II

Have you seen the movie "Flashdance?"  Neither have I.  This is most likely due to the fact that it came out in 1983 (which is when I was born) and it involves high cut on the leg dance leotard looking outfits.  Here's what came up for the IMDB link when I Googled it "A Pittsburgh woman with two jobs as a welder and an exotic dancer wants to get into ballet school."  I know it sounds riveting.  No wonder people are perplexed that no "new" ideas are coming out for movies these days.

But I digress.  Although I have not seen Flashdance, I have seen this on various different occasions.  You only have to watch the first 30 seconds or so to understand where I'm going with this.  It might take a while, but we'll get there, so bear with me.

We have a footstool at the end of our bed.  It is there because our 85 lb Boxer refuses to jump up on the bed.  I know he can do it.  He just won't do it.  So we have the footstool in place because said Boxer will stand at the foot of our bed and whine incessantly if we are in bed and he wants up there and there is no footstool.  Not so awesome at 1 am, let me tell you.  Well, Paxton has started trying to climb up on the bed using said footstool.  He attacked this personal "Everest" one day while I was sorting laundry in the bedroom.  Needless to say, he did not reach the summit of our bed (I can only assume that this was because he lacked a Sherpa ... or possibly because he has short legs).  However, in the process he managed to recreate that scene from Flashdance (minus the bucket of water).

Because Paxton's legs aren't long enough to enable him to get up on the bed, he was stuck on the footstool doing a stutter-step a la "Flashdance."  Quite humerous.  But the hillarity doesn't end there.  Later that same day he decided it would be just oh so much fun to overturn the plastic triangular end-table in the living room and create an improvised dance floor. 

To our utter amusement, Paxton instructed us in the importance of stretching before engaging in exercise such as dancing.  (this was repeated over and over ... and on both sides)

We were then treated to another round of Flashdancing.  Unfortunately I was laughing too hard to get pictures of it.  (I will attempt to get a video to attone for this lack in photo-journalism.)  This dancing was interrupted quite frequently by attacks on both parents and the dogs.

I just handle how cute he is sometimes!

3 comments:

  1. oh Paxtie-poo! You do make your Auntie Kelly laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love our little leprechaun and future dancer. Love, grammie s and grandpa dooley

    ReplyDelete