Saturday, September 18, 2010

Before I Forget

I've been meaning to write this down so I don't forget.  Unfortunately I didn't get pictures.  I know, I get pictures of everything, but this time I didn't even think about it until after the fact.

So a week or so ago I got up in the morning and thought it was strange that I didn't hear anything from Paxton's room since it was later than he usually gets me up.  I decided I should probably check on him to make sure everything was all right.  When I opened the door I was greeted by my smiling baby boy standing up in his crib.  I was also greeted by a bunch of white ... everywhere.  It took my brain a few seconds to figure out what had happened and then I couldn't figure out whether to laugh or be mad (hence why no pictures are available).

Paxton's change table is right next to his crib and apparently he is tall enough to reach it when he stands in his crib now.  He has also figured out how the open his box of wipes and thought it would be fun to pull a bunch of them out and toss them around the room.  I guess I can be thankful that he didn't suck the "juice" out of them (I've been informed of this phenomenon by a few different moms whose children have been too quiet for a period of time).  Needless to say the box of wipes was immediately moved to the other end of the change table.

And of course I do have a few fun pictures even though they don't match the story.

Sitting on his new chair.  It's actually a plastic cover to put over your food when you're microwaving it so it doesn't splatter everywhere.  Yet another of Dad's "toys" for Paxton.
More "toys."  Paxton actually pulled these ones out of the drawer under the oven all by himself so I guess he earned them?  He sticks them together like Lego most of the time. 
Last weekend 3 neighbourhood boys were skateboarding in front of our house since it was nice out and we have new pavement.  Paxton was fascinated with them and stood like this in the window for about a half hour.
 Talkin' with Grammie.  He kept tilting his head sideways.
It was Grandpa Dave's birthday yesterday and since they're in England visiting Great Aunt Jenny and Great Uncle Pete we decided to send them a picture from Paxton.  I had to take about 6 pictures to get this one since most of them look like the one below. 
I guess it's just more fun to crumple the paper up.

2 comments:

  1. So funny...what is with baby's and wipes..olen Still likes sucking "the juice" um gross! Paxton is so cute..love his hair and his big eyes! Cute boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how he managed to get a corner ripped off...and that's why you got the picture!
    Give him big kisses from his auntie and unlce! and of course the cousins!

    ReplyDelete