Thursday, September 9, 2010

A New Bestie for Paxton!

My friend, Jackie, finally had her baby on September 1st at 2:19pm.  It was pretty awesome since this was her first baby and she was induced at about 7:30 am (poor Jackie was 10 days overdue!).  He was 7 lbs 7 oz and 20 inches long.  He's healthy and both Mom and baby are doing great.  Jackie and Craig decided to name their son Alexander Stanley Day.  Paxton and I went to visit everyone at the hospital (lucky girl got to have visitors!) and Paxton was really great.  We'd been out and about all afternoon so he hadn't really had a nap, but he was happy the whole time and didn't try to poke Alexander in the eye or hit him.  Alexander is just so cute I couldn't help but put some pictures up of him!

Dad (Craig) holding his new little guy
Duck lips!  Jackie looked amazing for just pushing out a human!
I don't really like babies.  Can you tell?
Paxton wasn't sure what to think of Alexander.
I know, I know.  Everyone keeps telling me 2 looks good on me.  Give me some time!  Paxont's only 9 months old for crying out loud!

 Alexander did remarkably well during his bath and didn't really fuss too much.
Touque and booties from the hospital. 
Poser!  Love his little chiclets!

It was a little surreal to be back at the hospital visiting since it was 9 months to the day from when I went into labour with Paxton. I was a little jealous too because the nurse did Alexander's bath in the room for them. With Paxton, they took him away to do it and Jay had already left so we don't have any pictures of his first bath!  Jackie and Alexander were discharged the next day so Paxton and I stopped by with supper for everyone after they'd settled in a little.  Craig's parents were in town and were just slightly excited to see their first grandchild!


Craig's Mom loves babies and had fun playing with Paxton while Jackie was feeding Alexander.

Now we are just "patiently" awaiting the arrival of Baby Burris sometime in October and the trio will be complete!

No comments:

Post a Comment