Saturday, March 5, 2011

So Excited!

I've been quite excited for a few months now about an event, but I am now super duper excited.  It's actually quite appropriate since it's almost St. Patrick's Day.  Don't worry, I won't keep you in suspense for too long.  My Mom and I are going to see Riverdance on April 16th!  We are definitely going because we got tickets this week (thank you Kizzy for picking them up!).  We were thinking about going last time they were in Lethbridge but then forgot about it.

You might think that this is silly, but I really LOVE Riverdance.  I LOVE Irish Dancing (and bagpipes, but this post is not about bagpipes.  Ok maybe a little, but it's not the focus), and their costumes and I especially LOVE when the whole troupe is out on the stage and they're all dancing in sync.  AHHHHHHH!  I'm getting goosebumbps just thinking about it.
(Reel Around the Sun from Riverdance's website)

I don't know why I love it so much.  Granted, my Great-Grandpa Robinson did come to Raymond from Ireland, but that only makes me 1/8th Irish.  Believe me, although I claim to be "part Irish" quite frequently, I am fully aware that I'm a Mutt since there are also Scottish, English, Norwegian and German genes included in my DNA in varying amounts.  (This is why I'm built "strong like ox.")  But there's something about most things Irish that excites me (and Scottish too since I love bagpipes, (yes Ireland has pipes.  They're not exactly the same as the more famous Scottish ones, but they have pipes nonetheless)... and the kilts.  I mean, really, who doesn't love to see a guy all decked out in a kilt?).  I want to visit Ireland before I die.  I just think it's so beautiful!

Anyways, I'm super ridiculously excited to be going to see Riverdance live and especially that I get to go with my Mom.  Our schedules don't mesh very well, so we don't get to do a lot of things together.  But this is something that we both love and I couldn't be happier that we get to share this experience with each other!





3 comments:

  1. you are soooo lucky! I really wanted to go too- do you know if there are tickets left?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think so. Kinsey just picked ours up on Thursday. They had some left on the floor and some in the nosebleeds. That's where we're sitting. We figured if we took the floor ones then we wouldn't be able to see the people in the back. And they'll likely have big screens, but even if they don't I don't care! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. umm, jealous much! Too bad that's 5 days after my surgery or I would be tempted to drive down and come with you. However, I don't think driving and perkiset mix well. I'll just have to live vicariously through you!

    ReplyDelete