Saturday, March 5, 2011

More Mom Quotes

My computer seems to be behaving itself this morning, so I'm going to push my luck and do a second post.

It's been a whole month since my last "Mom Quotes" post so I thought I'd do another one.  Actually I've been thinking about making this a monthly thing, so we'll see how that goes.  Without further ado, here are my favourites from the last month:

"Every mother is like Moses; she does not enter the promised land.  She prepares a world she will not see." - Pope Paul VI

"Making a decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." - Elizabeth Stone

"No one in he world can take the place of your mother.  Right or wrong, from her viewpoint you are always right." - Harry Truman

"Mother's arms are made of tenderness, And sweet sleep blesses the child who lies therein." - Victor Hugo

And apparently I pushed my luck too far so back to the iPhone I go.

"There never was a woman like her. She was gentle as a dove and brave as a lioness." - Andrew Jackson

"My mother was the making of me. She was so true and so sure of me I felt that I had something to live for - someone I must not disappoint." - Thomas A. Edison

"So much of what we know of love we learn at home." - Author Unknown

"There is no velvet so soft as a mother's lap, no rose as lovely as her smile, no path so flowery as that imprinted with her footsteps." - Archibald Thompson

"It seems to me that my mother was the most splendid woman I ever knew. If I have amounted to anything, it will be die to her." - Charles Chaplin

"A mother is not a person to lean on, but a person to make leaning unnecessary." - Dorothy Canfield Fisher

"A mother understands what a child does not say." - Jewish Proverb

"Sweater, n.: garment worn by child when its mother is feeling chilly.". - Ambrose Bierce

"A mother's happiness is like a beacon, lighting up the future but reflected also on the past in the guise of fondemories." - Honore De Balzac

"My mother had a slender, small body, but a large heart - a heart so large that everybody's joys found welcome in it and hospitable accommodation." - Mark Twain

3 comments:

  1. Sorry that there are some doubles and some spelling errors. Apparently my iPhone doesn't let me scroll through the text box; just on the page itself. Technology - 1 Alisha - 0

    ReplyDelete
  2. good quotes sis! Even if some were doubled up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I turned on my computer just to remove the doubles, so please don't be confused if you read my previous comment and are wondering where teh doubles are :)

    ReplyDelete