Saturday, April 2, 2011

So True

Paxton and I went up to Sylvan Lake with Grammie, Pa and Auntie Kizzy for Zane's Baptism last weekend.  We had a great time even though it was a whirlwind trip.  On Saturday, Mom, Kizzy and I went out to do a bit of shopping at our favorite store there: Country Lights.  It has super cute decorations (yes they're mostly "country" themed), purses, jewelry, sunglasses and more!  I could buy pretty much everything in the store ... if only I had the money.

But, I behaved myself and the only thing I bought was a magnet for my fridge.  Yes you read that correctly.  From a store that has things like this:

and this:

 and this
 and this

and the most fabulous yellow purse I've ever seen, I only bought a $3 magnet.  It's a little wooden square painted a reddish-brown color with some little stars across the bottom.  I didn't buy it because it's pretty, I bought it because of what it says: "Life can be complicated but happiness is really pretty simple."



I'm pretty sure that this magnet was made just for me.  I tend to get so caught up in my life that I sometimes forget how to be happy.  I've placed this magnet right in the center of the fridge so I will hopefully look at it every day and remember that although I have to go to work 5 days a week, and we don't have as much money as I'd like, and the weather is crappy, and I haven't done as well at the losing weight thing as I'd like and a million other things get in the way ... happiness is really pretty simple.  It's in the sound of Paxton's laughter, in every wag of Maggie's tail and Mo's wiggle bum, in the gentle hugs and kisses I get from Jay, in my parents' eyes when they see or talk about their grandkids ... it's all around me if I take the time to recognize it.  We are so very blessed and I need to be grateful for what we have instead of focusing on the things we don't.

Happiness is really pretty simple.

2 comments:

  1. We really are blessed. All we have to do is be aware of what other people are going through in the world and we can count our blessings that we have a roof over our heads, clothes to wear, water and food, and our loved ones so close by.

    I count you, Jay and Paxton as some of my greatest blessings.
    All my love, Mommy

    ReplyDelete