Saturday, July 9, 2011

Escape Artist

Harry Houdini was one of the greatest escape artists of all time.  Well, I think this guy
might be thinking of following in Harry's footsteps.

Last night I put Paxton to bed around 8:15 which is his regular bedtime.  Since he isn't usually asleep when it's bedtime these days he'll play with his stuffed animals for a bit before actually falling asleep.  This means that he generally doesn't have any blankets on him when he finally gives in.  So I've made a habit of sneaking in to cover him up once I know he's asleep.  About an hour after I put Paxton down I returned to his room to check on him.  And this is what I found.
Thats right.  He got out of his crib and fell asleep on the floor.  There was no noise to alert me to the fact that Paxton had made a successful jail break.  It seems to be a common theme lately that he really can be quiet and sneaky when he wants to.

So I spent the morning checking out how much this lovely piece of hardware
is going to cost me.  I figure it's better that we convert his crib to a toddler bed sooner rather than later to avoid him falling out on his head.  *Sigh*  At least he doesn't know how to open doors yet so he's still trapped in his room after escaping the crib! 

3 comments:

  1. That is awesome! And don't jinx the door thing..he'll figure it out and then your really in trouble;) He is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bawha! Get him used to the bed quick before you bring him to me!

    ReplyDelete