Saturday, September 10, 2011

Another Step

I know I haven't blogged for a while (and I need to do some blogs to catch up on our summer) but I wanted to get this one down.

A bunch of my friends who have kids around Paxton's age have been potty training over the last few months.  I haven't even been contemplating it though since Paxton doesn't show any interest in letting me know when he needs to go or when he's gone, even if it's a poopy diaper.  Well, the times might just be a-changin'.

I was sitting at the computer this morning emailing Jenny and Pete in England (I've been really bad at emailing lately as well) when Paxton came over and started tugging on my pants.  So I got up and followed him to bathroom.  He was pointing at the toilet, so I asked if he wanted to sit on the potty.  And he nodded his head yes (he's getting really good at nodding and shaking his head at the correct times lately).  So off came the diaper and I sat him up there.  He didn't do anything and didn't want to stay up there for very long (like maybe 30 seconds) but Paxton was really quite proud of himself when I got him down.  Looks like we might be using the latest gift from Grandma Daryl sooner than I thought!
I can't believe potty training could be on the horizon!  Where has the time gone?  And who is this cheesy boy that's replaced my baby?

4 comments:

  1. ok, that bottom picture totally freaked me out because I thought it was you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha ha! Nope that's most definitely Jay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. umm, i might hate you just a bit if my nephew is potty trained before his OLDER cousin! You get the kid who sleeps....if you get an easy potty kid too I am definitely complaining to higher powers!
    (But I still love you :) )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Aunt Carol might have ment that she thought Paxton was you in the picture, not your husband being you...just sayin. Anyways if Paxton is potty training thats AWESOME! Yay Paxty you show your OLDER cousin how its done!

    ReplyDelete