Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Shepherd's Pie

Well, since last night's dinner was such a hit, I figured I'd post the recipe for tonight's dinner as well.  We made Shepherd's Pie which was taught to me by my friend Jackie.  It's so delicious and easy to make too!




1 lb ground beef
2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
5 lb bag of potatoes
1 can tomato soup
1 pkg onion soup mix
1-2 cups shredded cheese.

First off, peel, boil and mash the potatoes.  Brown the ground beef and drain any excess fat.  Add tomato soup and onion soup mix.  Stir well.  Add beef mixture to the bottom of a casserole dish (or 2).  Pour frozen veggies on top of ground beef.  Scoop potatoes on top of the veggies and spread as evenly as possible (actually spread all the layers as evenly as possible).  Sprinkle cheese on top of potatoes.  Cook at 375F for about 1/2 hour.  Enjoy!!!

1 comment:

  1. I make shepherds pie with all the leftovers from Sunday dinner- but I put mine in a pie shell. Num NUm!

    ReplyDelete