Saturday, December 10, 2011

Christmas Time Again

We decorated on November 26th this year ... I tried to get Jay to let me do it earlier, but he refused.  I guess I just got away with it last year since I could play the "sad returning to work after a year off" card.  Anywho, we got the decorations up and didn't have any "divorce fights".  I decorated the tree and Jay decorated pretty much everything else.  It worked out pretty well ... except that Jay came down to the living room with a box of "approved" decorations and informed me that those were the only ones I was allowed to use so that the tree wasn't "gaudy."  There were some raised eyebrows and some words exchanged, but at least I didn't have Jay following me around the tree and moving my ornaments around this year.  We got a few new decorations this year and used most of our old ones too.  Anyway, here are the pics:

Maggie and Mo could barely contain their joy about me finding their hat and antlers in the first box we opened!
\
Paxton was pretty excited about the Santa hat too. 
I know he doesn't look too impressed in this picture, but Paxton brought me the antlers and asked me to put them on him.
Festive Christmas shelf 
Festive microwave with a bunch of snowman stuff 
New giant Christmas balls from Costco 
This did not take nearly as long as it did last year.  Apparently when Jay's not trying to do it at 1 am it goes faster. 
This countdown is one of my new Uppercase Living decorations.  Love it! 
Nativity section 
My other Uppercase Living purchase 
My super cute souvenier from Jackie and Cristy's Mexico trip.  I absolutely LOVE it!!!  Much better than the tacky tourist shirt I was threatened with : ) 
Little tree.  Hopefully Paxton doesn't pull it over on himself this year ... he still has the scar on his forehead from last year! 

1 comment: