Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Super Yummy Pork Chops

I know I haven't posted for a while ... and I know that I need to post about Paxton's birthday and such ... and I will get around to it soon, I promise!  But I wanted to share the recipe for the super yummy pork chops we just had for supper.  If you're looking for something a little different you might give this one a try ... and it's for the slow cooker, so it frees up some time : )

Orange Apricot Pork Chops

6 pork chops
1 cup apricot jam (Jay accidentally bought apricot/passion fruit/peach jam but it was still very delicious)
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ginger
1/4 teaspoon cloves
1 (11-ounce) can mandarin oranges (and juice!)

The Directions.

Put pork chops into your crockpot. In a small bowl, combine jam, brown sugar, and spices. Spoon over pork chops. Add the entire can of mandarin oranges evenly over the top. Cover and cook on low for about 8 hours, or on high for about 4.

Serve with rice to soak up the yummy juice.

It's from this blog and was shared with my by our dayhome lady.  I think I'm going to have to look for some other yummy recipes to try from there one of these days : )

1 comment:

  1. mmm, that sounds yummy! May have to try that with a pork loin in my freezer!

    ReplyDelete