Monday, April 5, 2010

Be Observant! Be, Be Observant!

My husband loves to golf.  I, however, am not so great at it so it's not one of my favorite things to do.  But I do go out with him to one of the par 3 golf courses and whack the ball around at least once a year.  So when I heard that my brother-in-law had found a set of clubs for Kelly on Kijiji for cheap I said to myself, "Hey, I bet I could find myself a set as well.  Maybe that will get me more excited to play since I won't have to share Jay's clubs with him.  Perhaps I will also get better at golfing and enjoy it more."

I headed to the computer and found a set of 7 men's clubs with bag and pull cart included all for $50.  I said to myself, "Hey that sounds like a great deal!  And I usually play with Jay's clubs anyway, so it doesn't matter that they're men's."  So I contacted the owner and arranged a time to go pick them up.  I was so proud of myself on the way home, and brought my new clubs in to show Jay. 

I pulled the driver out of the bag (insert suspenseful music here) and noticed something about the clubs for the first time.  They were left-handed!  And the worst part is, I said to myself earlier today, "The ad didn't say if they were right-handed or left-handed.  Maybe I should check that out."  But then I thought, "I'm sure that if they were left-handed the owner would specify that.  You know, since most people are right-handed."

Jay thought this was hillarious and proceeded to make fun of me, of course.  So I took some pictures of the clubs and immediately put an ad of my own up to re-sell the clubs.  I figured that I should probably try to find some right-handed clubs to sort of redeem myself, so I perused the ads again.  I found a different set with more clubs (I checked to make sure they were right-handed this time) for the same price, but without the bag and cart.  But that was ok since I had purchased a bag and cart earlier in the day. 

So it all worked out in the end.  I got a fairly decent set of clubs, bag and cart.  The moral of the story is: Be Observant!

Oh ya, anyone looking for some left-handed clubs?

2 comments:

  1. Hee Hee Hee! I still thinks it's funny...but you know I probably would have done the same thing! It's a good thing that Cliff took care of buying mine for me! Loves! And cute blog. Again, you're great at this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kell! I changed yours to what mine used to be. I just get tired of having the same one for too long, so you're probably going to have yours changed quite a bit too!

    ReplyDelete