Sunday, April 25, 2010

Things that make you go Hmmmmm

Just for the record, I am neither angry nor really annoyed this morning.  I am just perplexed.  My husband was up at quarter to 7 this morning.  This may not seem odd, but it's Sunday which is one of his 2 precious days off and usually I don't dare attempt to get him up before 9 (it's generally closer to 10) for fear of the wrath of sleepy Jay!  And even if I do get him up by 9, he will usually either go back to sleep or lay there with the dogs for another hour.

But I digress.  You may ask "Why is today a different story?  Is it Mother's Day or your birthday or anniversary?"  No it's not.  Jay willingly got up to go golfing with his Dad.  Granted they are going to the Country Club which is pretty much Jay's favorite golf course, but this is what it looks like right now.
And it's about 2 degrees outside.  Not the most awesome weather for golfing.

*Sigh*  It makes me shake my head every year that Jay will brave the elements (He golfed yesterday in 35km hour winds.  I'm not sure what it was gusting to, but it was definitely a good ol' Southern Alberta wind!) and/or get up super early on his days off to go whack a ball around.  I know I did recently get some clubs so that I can hopefully get better at golf and enjoy it more, but I wouldn't be out this morning!

If I could just figure out how to "bottle" whatever it is that motivates him to get up and golf, I'd be rich!

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha! I SO understand you - my husband is a golfer too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMEN! Being a golf widow is a little confusing sometimes! If it makes you feel better Cliff and I saw guys golfing in SLEET while we were at Fairmont! EWWWWWW!

    ReplyDelete