Sunday, June 12, 2011

10 on Tuesday (the Sunday Edtion)

Have you seen the new Norton Antivirsus commercial on tv?  The one where they explain that when you're hacked, regular cuss words just aren't enough?  Ya.  That's pretty much how my relationship with Blogger has been lately.  I upgraded to Internet Explorer 9 and all of a sudden I couldn't post anymore.  Well, that's not entirely true, the pictures would show up when I posted, but NO TEXT.  I suppose I could have just posted the pictures and let you make up your own stories.  Hmmmm ... a possible future idea?

Anyways,  I was finally able to figure out how to fix the problem ... hopefully.  I guess I'll have to wait until I post this to know for sure (let me know if you're having the same problem and I will tell you what I did).

Without further ado, here's my list although it's a bit tardy.

1. I'm terribly excited that the forecast for this week includes 4 whole days of sun without any stupid rain drops on the picture!  I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels like we've been living in "grey and gloomy" since sometime last October.

2.  Jay's Aunt Jenny and Uncle Pete are coming for a visit from England on Wednesday!!!  We haven't seen them since they were here for our wedding almost 3 years ago (I know, time flies right?) and I'm super excited for them to meet Paxton.

3. I sort of threw a hissy fit this morning when Paxton decided he wanted to be up at 6:30 am.  I laid there and ignored him until 7 and then brought him to bed with us.  I didn't really think he was going to go back to sleep, but I was hoping that Jay would take the hint and get up with him so I could catch a few more winks.  Silly me!  I gave up around 7:20 when Paxton started fussing because Jay was holding him (probably because Paxton has been smacking Jay in the face for the previous 5 minutes) and told Paxton to come with me because "Heaven forbid I get to sleep in on one day of the weekend!"  So I got Paxton dressed and we headed for Timmie Ho's.  Jay's been cleaning the kitchen ever since.

4. In my defense for my aforementioned hissy fit, Jay does usually get to sleep in on Saturday and Sunday 99.9% of the time.  So I think I was completely justified.

5. We finally got a new oven (YAY!!!) and to celebrate I made 3 batches of oatmeal cookies yesterday: 1 with Craisens (because I already had some and didn't want to buy raisens while the Craisens were still in the house) and a double batch with ... wait for it ... milk chocolate and white chocolate chips.  They're a little bit orgasmic.

6. Jay brought a slide home for Paxton on Thursday night.  Paxton was already in bed so he didn't get to see it until Friday morning.  He loves it!
However, he decided on Friday night that sliding on your bum is for babies and proceded to "run" off the top of it despite the many warnings from Mom that he was going to "break his face."  He also ignored the fact that I did not want to spend the night in Emerg with him and his broken limb(s).  After one epic fail involving Paxton actually falling on his face he decided that maybe bum sliding wasn't so bad after all.

7. We got to see Kelly & Cliff and the boys on Friday when they made a flying trip down to Lethbridge.  Auntie Kizzy picked Paxton up early from daycare and they spent the morning together.  I got to meet up with them for lunch (this stupid "working for a living" gig is really messing with my social life).  Paxton and Brock are just too cute together.  Brock's a bit taller, but they're almost the same size!  Kell said that when they first saw each other Brock said "Hi Boy!" and put his arm around Paxton to give him a big hug.  Awwwwww!

8. I just finished week 9 of running on my eliptical.  This week was quite the struggle because I think I've pulled a muscle or pinched a nerve or something in my hip/butt area.  I took a few days off to see if it would get better, but it's still pretty tender.  I walked the dogs yesterday and am planning to again today to see if a different exercise helps.  Tomorrow the plan is to lower the resistance 1 level and see if that'll help.

9. One of the girls I know from work stopped to ask me how much weight I'd lost a few days ago.  I told her about 10 lbs and she said that she could definitely tell and to keep it up.  Yay!!! It totally made my day that someone noticed.  And then Kinsey said something to me on Friday, and Jay agreed with me yesterday that my shirts are fitting better.  Apparently the hard work is starting to pay off (now I just need to lay off my delicious cookies!).

10.  I ordered new shells for my Miche bag last week and I'm sooooo excited for them!



The white one is one of their "Hope" designs.  Part of the proceeds from buying the Hope shells goes to breast cancer research.

I absolutely love my Miche bag.  I'm not really a "purse" girl, but this way I can change it up and I don't have to move the contents to another purse!  I've got the smaller size as well, but I find I don't use it that often.  The big one is so convenient because I can fit all of the stuff I need for Paxton in it too.

2 comments:

  1. I remember the sleeping in disagreements. After the first kid it gets better becasue then nobody gets to sleep in! heeheh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah for you figuring out blogger! let's see...I think I can count on one hand how many times I have got to sleep in - feel your pain!
    Paxton on the slide is hilarious...I watched it twice!
    Can't wait to have him for a week in July!
    I did think you were looking great and it was fun to see you for the few short minutes on Friday...and I'm not sure about purse #3

    ReplyDelete