Sunday, October 23, 2011

Puppy Dog Tale

Once upon a time there was a very cute and angelic little girl named Alisha.  She was incredibly well behaved and never did anything her parents didn't want her to do.  Ok that might be just a tiny bit of an exaggeration, but I was very cute : ) 

The point is, allegedly from the age of 2 until I was about 4 I had some slight species confusion and was under the impression that I was really a dog.  Now I'm taking my parents' word on this since I don't particularly remember most of that 2 year span, but I assume it's true since my dad somehow worked it into his speech at our wedding reception.  (And that's not really the time or the place you should be lying about stuff.)  I would apparently "run" around the house on my hands and knees, picking stuff up and carrying it around in my mouth and of course barking.  This misconception led to my very first grounding in fact.  Long story short, I bit my Dad on the ankle to "save" my Mom from being tickled by him.  Needless to say, Dad was some upset about the situation.  I will now pause so you can finish laughing.

...........................

All better?  Great.  I bring this topic up because of something that happened last night.  We were at Jay's Dad's house for belated Thanksgiving dinner and were just moving to the living room after dinner when I heard a noise in the kitchen.  I went to investigate and this is what I found.


Apparently species confusion is hereditary : )  Jay better watch his ankles.

4 comments:

  1. in paxtons defence, at least he has 2 dogs at home to copy that from......

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was a witness to your young confusion and remember it well! : ) lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL!!! Look, I can comment today! Thanks for the giggle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this cracked me up!...yesterday in church in the middle of sacrament Olen got down on all 4's and was barking (really loud!) panting and licking the air..he wouldn't stop till Jay pet his head and said "good dog" boys are HEELARIOUS! oH, and they make cute doggies;)

    ReplyDelete