Thursday, October 21, 2010

My Son Is a Mouse

At some point in my school career I was informed that mice are great at getting into walls, etc because their skeletons are compressable, so as long as they can fit their head through a hole or crack the rest of the body will follow.  I know, gross, right?  This has led me to believe recently that Paxton is part mouse.  Since he started "cruising" the furniture and now that he's starting to walk he's become increasingly inventive about getting around my barricades.  He is especially enamoured with cords (I blame his father's obsession with electronics for this) and will do pretty much anything to get to one. 

For example, we have one of those "old people" recliners that is motorized so it will stand up for you (this is a long story.  Suffice it to say that Jay used to work for a Health and Wellness company and the chair was there before I came into the picture.  It did come in handy while I was in labour though ...).  Because it's motorized it needs to be plugged into the wall and Paxton thinks the cord is just the greatest toy ever invented.  I looked down into the living room earlier this morning and didn't see or hear Paxton.  Yes this was bad now that we have entered "the child is too quiet" phase.  And then I heard the sound of the cord hitting the wall and knew exactly where Paxton was.  So I headed downstairs and extracted my son from behind the chair amidst yet ANOTHER tantrum (*sigh* I am not looking forward to toddler years since I know they're just going to get worse.)

"What does this have to do with Paxton being a mouse?" you might ask.  Well, take a look at the arrangement of furniture in question.


The chair is plugged into an outlet in the corner behind the chair that Maggie's sitting on.  I have no idea how he got past the tv trays (the table has a box under it that's filled with books so he can't move it) since they were both still standing in that position when I went to extract the boy.  The only conclusion I can come to is that he's part mouse.

*Note: this picture was taken after the fact and I'm pretty sure he was planning on going back for the cord but I caught him in the act and foiled his plans.

2 comments:

  1. haha...maybe all babies are part mouse..hmmm...very cute post tho! It is amazing wat these little guys can do:) Happy Mouse Hunting To You;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm torn between laughing and agreeing with you....som I'm going to both! Boys can figure out how to do just about anything they put their minds too...no matter how many times you tell them no. Kisses to our Paxtie!

    ReplyDelete