Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Paxton is 11 Months Old!

Another month has gone by and my little man is another month older (I guess that means I'm another month older as well ... and so are you!).  My life's getting more hectic by the day since I go back to work in 12 days. *sigh*  But that's a whole nother post waiting to be written.  This ones about Paxton, so here's the news.

At 11 months, Paxton:

- is walking!!!  I know you've been eagerly anticipating this news for months since I've been saying how close he was getting every month and now it's actually true!  He started walking a few days after Thanksgiving; a few steps from me to Jay and then back again.  Paxton's favorite mode of transportation is still to crawl (probably 'cuz he doesn't have as far to fall from his knees as from his feet) but it seems that he walks more and more every day.  He still has to pull himself up on something since he hasn't quite figured out how to stand up on his own yet.  This new stage is definitely more trouble as he can reach way more things.  I'm not sure what the correlation is, but since he's started walking it's like he can figure out better ways to get to things (ie he knows how to spin our coffee table to reach stuff on the other side).  Mom and Dad are having to be extra creative at hiding the remotes these days.

- has 6 teeth.  I'm not sure if he's trying to get another one or not since he's drooling, but that seems to never go away with him.  I've checked his gums a few times but I haven't felt any new nubs yet.

- thinks that balls are the best toys.  Unfortunately, so do our dogs.  I bought a mid-size plastic ball for him during the summer and it only lasted 5 minutes in the house (Mo pounced on it and it popped).  I bought a few rubber balls for Paxton a couple of days ago and he loves to play catch with them (it's so funny to watch him get all wound up and only drop it right in front of himself).  However, Mo thinks that they are fair game for him and we are constantly telling him to leave them.  I found one out in the yard this morning and one of them is MIA so I think Mo's hidden that one somewhere. *sigh*  I guess we're doomed to play with the hard plastic ones we got from Auntie Kelly since the dogs don't seem to like them as much.  I'm not a fan of getting hit in the face with them (which was the main motivating factor behind buying the new ones).  I just can't seem to convey this fact to my son.

- only has one nap a day now.  Mom is getting really good at getting a shower, loading and running the dishwasher, making lunch, etc all crammed into an hour to an hour and a half!

- is pretty much grown out of his bucket seat.  We're going to install his new "big boy" carseat this week and then the bucket seat will be no more.  It's currently sitting in our kitchen and Paxton thinks it's the greatest thing ever to sit in it.  He can't get himself out, however, so I spend a lot of my day dragging him back out.

I don't have too many pictures for this post since I did so many last month, but here are the latest ones.

The fluffiness goes away when his hair's wet.
Walking at Grandpa Chicken's house 
Paxton was "riding" the arm of the recliner.  He refused to put his leg on the other side to sit with Jay. 
Trying to get past the table to the electronics on the other side
Chillin' in the car seat 


2 comments:

  1. I don't recall giving you hard balls...but I sypathize about getting them into the face. Just wait until he develops a slap-shot with a golf-swing follow through. Them are exciting times!
    Our Paxtie is just soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're the see-through ones that have different things inside of them (beads, metal discs, etc). There were some cubes as well (like with an elephant that turns when you move the dial on the bottom and a loader that you can try to get beads into the bucket on). He's a big fan of the balls, not so much the cubes. Either way not good to the face. And since I also don't like hockey there will likely be no slap-shots at my house! Golf is a whole nother story though. Grrrr.

    ReplyDelete