Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Halloween

We had a super busy Halloween weekend and I'm pretty sure I haven't celebrated Halloween that much ever!  On Friday, Jackie came to get Paxton and myself and we all went to Sun Life to show off our super cute babies in their costumes.

Cutest Tiger I've ever seen! 
Jackie and Alexander (he's a monster) 
Jackie G and Lyndsay being "pregnant" (it's a joke that there's something in our water cooler since so many women off our team have gotten pregnant in the last year)

Paxton ended up biffing it while he had a bottle in his mouth and cut his lip on the outside and the inside.  (I thought I handled it pretty well considereing it was the first time he's been bleeding.)  Lyndsay went to find Jackie and we headed home.  Paxton's lip had stopped bleeding and he'd stopped crying by the time we got out of the building, but we thought it best to get him home.

That evening we headed over to Ryan and Kaity's house for a Halloween party.  We had a lot of fun and everyone had great costumes.  My arms were really sore the next morning though because Paxton refused to let me put him down all night!  Usually he's really happy and will go to everyone that was there, but with their costumes on he didn't recognize anyone.  He wouldn't even go to Jay!

Still cute even with a slightly swollen bottom lip 
Kim and Evan 
Ryan and Kaity as "Dog the Bounty Hunter" and his wife Beth 
I'm a surgeon 
Jay dressed up as a cheese factory worker   
Ted and Kim 
Everyone at the party

On Saturday we left Paxton with Grandpa Chicken and Grandma Roseanne while we went to Jay's "Christmas Party" at Mojo's.  They were having a dinner theater murder mystery so they decided to have everyone go to that instead of having a Christmas party this year.  I dressed up as a surgeon again and Jay wore my Drunken Clams t-shirt and went as a softball player.  (It apparently was the best idea I've ever had since Jay was pretty excited that he got to wear his sweats to the bar.)  I'm sure it would have been quite enjoyable, but we couldn't see anything from where we were sitting and the mic they were using kept cutting out, so we couldn't hear most of what was going on either.  It made it really hard to get into the whole murder mystery thing.  But the food was good (and free!) so I can't say the whole thing was bad.  After the dinner, Jay and I skipped out to go to another party at my cousin Ashley's house.  We had a good time, but couldn't stay for too long since we had to pick Paxton up from the grandparents' house (and apparently I didn't take any pictures all night).

On Sunday we just sort of hung out while we tried to recouperate from going out 2 nights in a row (we don't do that so much any more and we didn't get to bed until after midnight both nights.  I know, we're super rebellious like that.)  We finally carved our pumpkin in the afternoon.  I was adamant about getting it done since it was the first Jack-o-Lantern that we've ever done together and I also found a pretty fabulous pumpkin for carving.  I was "lucky" enough to get to clean it out, then Jay carved it while I put Paxton down for a nap.  When Paxton got up from his nap we dressed him up again and took him trick-or-treating to his 2 sets of grandparents in Lethbridge.  (We didn't bother taking him anywhere else since he's too little for candy and I'd just end up eating anything he got.)  All in all it was lots of fun and I'm excited for the years to come so I can watch how much fun Paxton will have!

The fabulous pumpkin 
I'm super excited about cleaning it out 
Mmmmm ... pumpkin guts 
Jay being all artistic 
Squeaky clean inside of the pumpkin 
I'm pretty sure this is in the "how not to carve a pumpkin" handbook 
All done! 
Spooky! 
Paxton got a new car from Grandma Roseanne and Grandpa Chicken
He likes to push it sideways most of the time, but he's figured out how to push most of the buttons already!

2 comments:

  1. yep, the cutest tiger ever! have fun with the noisy car! We gifted our back to Rikki for Cohen to enjoy. ahhh, the silence - snicker!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha, Kelly! It actually was decided that the car is staying at Grandpa's house since they don't have any other toys there and our house has too many stairs, etc for him to use it well.

    ReplyDelete