Tuesday, May 17, 2011

10 on Tuesday

1. I am loving the sunshine that we've been having lately.  But it seems that Mother Nature is not done being a biotch this year.  What's up with the cold wind we've been having for the last 4 days?  Wind isn't my favorite thing, but I'm used to it.  Could we just have a warm one if there must be wind?

2. With the price of everything on the rise, we're eating more casseroles lately.  I love tuna casserole.  It's kind of weird because my Mom never made it when I was growing up (most likely because my Dad doesn't like it).  I discovered this recipe when I was on Maternity Leave last year and I was trying to find meal ideas that would ease some of the pressure on my wallet.  I don't do the bread crumb topping but instead top it with cheese (because really cheese makes everything better).  Jay's not a huge fan so I don't make it too often.  I also change the soup up sometimes and use cream of broccoli or cream of broccoli and cheese instead of the mushroom.  I've also been known to swap the peas for green beens or corn or whatever I have on hand.  And the noodles.  The last time I made it I used rotini instead of egg noodles.  So really I guess I just do whatever I want : )

3.  Speaking of recipes I've found online, if you like pork chops, this marinade is so delicious.  I'm sure it would be delicious on chicken also, but I've only tried it on pork chops.  There's also this meatloaf (sorry Mom!).  I use about 1 cup of bread crumbs from the store instead of attempting to crumble my own bread slices.  And this super easy quiche.  If you're looking for something a little different, I also have a great sweet chile recipe that I found on allrecipes.com.  I remember it took forever to find it for some reason so you'll just have to tell me if you want it.

4.  I'm now in week 5 of running on my eliptical.  I usually don't run on Saturday and Sunday and try to walk/jog the dogs those days instead to give my legs a bit of a break.  The weight seems to be coming off at an agonizingly slow pace but I'm trying to persevere.  I've noticed that some of my clothes are starting to fit better and I can even wear some of my La Senza bras that I haven't been able to wear since before I got pregnant with Paxton.  I'm sure everyone is very happy about this because they're a bit padded so it kind of solves the serious case of nipple-itus I've also had since I got pregnant with Paxton.

5. I took the day off work today and was treated to this a couple of hours ago:
 Apparently it's tiring work to eat hamburger casserole.

6. Tomorrow is Kelly and Cliff's 10 year wedding anniversary.  I can't believe it's already been 10 years!

I'm only slightly jealous that they're taking off to Mexico to celebrate : )

7. I'm so loving that Paxton is starting to only take 1 nap a day because he usually naps for at least an hour and a half to 2 hours!

8. Speaking of Paxton, he was following me around this morning "helping" me dust.  We have 2 Swiffer dusters (and we'll most likely have 3 the next time I buy refills.  Why doesn't Costco sell just the refills without the handle?) so I gave Paxton one.  He followed me around the house and tried to dust everything I did.  Maybe he thought I wasn't doing a good enough job?

9. This busy boy of mine is now tall enough that he can reach the second level of our kitchen shelf and we've had to move the stuff up out of reach!

10. We're going to attempt overnight camping with Paxton this weekend.  Some friends of Jay's Mom and step-dad have a trailer they're not using and said we can use it.  That's pretty awesome.  At least we don't have to try to fit the 3 of us in our 2 man tent!  Now we just need the weather forecast to smarten up!

No comments:

Post a Comment