Thursday, May 5, 2011

Blech

Blech is really the only word to describe what Paxton is going through right now.  He's teething (have I mentioned that lately?) and getting 4 molars and 4 regular teeth all at the same time.  I think the teeth are in time-out right now because the molars don't appear to have come out any further and the regular teeth have not quite erupted this week.  I am so over teething.  Gah!  Why can't kids get teeth at a point in life when they can understand why it hurts and be able to tell you that it hurts so that's actually why they're whiney!  I am so over my grumpy boys (even though I know Paxton's not really that bad, but super grumpy compared to his usual self).  Yes you read that right, I said "boys."  You see, Jay is not the most patient person in the world, so he's even less of a fan of whiney Paxton than I am.  So he gets grumpy when Paxton gets grumpy, and then I get to deal with both of them.  I even offered to let Jay go to McDonalds for supper tonight just to get him out of the house!

But I'm totally getting of topic.  Along with the teething crap, Paxton has now entered an extra special chapter of childhood.  I remember going through this myself (which means I have a long road ahead of me) and I'm fairly certain my nephews have been through it.  Which phase is this you might ask?  Well, let me enlighten you.  Paxton has somehow managed to get mucous to build up somewhere between his mouth and his lungs without actually getting a cold.  This wouldn't normally be a problem, but Paxton has now decided, a la Forrest Gump, that running will be his new form of transportation.  So, he runs, and runs, and runs, and runs some more.  Then he stops.  And then the coughing starts.  And he coughs, and coughs, and coughs, and coughs some more.  He coughs until he gags and then he will usually throw up.  Sometimes only a bit but oftentimes a lot.  Either way, it is gross.  And I hate it.  But I don't know what to do about it.  I can't really stop him from running and he's too young to understand how to spit the phlegm (isn't that a weird word?) out, so the above ensues.  Blech.

Any suggestions?

3 comments:

  1. umm, nope. I got nothing. Oh wait. If you know that it's probably going to happen keep a bowl handy. If you can get a bowl in front of him it's a lot easier to clean up. He'll hate it and try to turn into you and puke down your shirt (so special) but it's a lot easier to dishwasher a bowl than clean up the floor! The good news is that puking gets rid of a lot of phlegm (yes, a weird word) faster so hopefully he'll be over it in a couple of days.
    Loves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sadly, I have no ideas, but if you think of anything, let me know as I have 2 lovely little boys who have the same issue!!

    ReplyDelete