Tuesday, May 3, 2011

10 on Tuesday

So, I'm totally being a thief of things off other people's blogs lately.  My cousin, Whitney, stole this from her sister-in-law, Rhonda, who I know because she's taken our last 2 rounds of family pictures for us (you can see her fabulous photos here).  Basically it's just a bunch of random thoughts on Tuesday.  I suppose you could do it any day of the week, but since I didn't come up with it, I'm not going to change it.  So here's my first list:

1. I am so sick of Mother Nature's teaser weather.  Please just give us a solid week of decent temperatures, minimal wind (since I know asking for no wind in Southern Alberta is not going to happen) and no precipitation!  (Although if we must have precipitation, I will definitely take rain over snow.)

2. Paxton has been sleeping for an hour and a half now.  I know that I should go wake him up so that he'll go back to sleep in a couple of hours for the night ... but I just don't want to because I know he'll be whiney!


3. Speaking of Paxton and sleeping.  He's been waking up in the night lately and doesn't want to go back to sleep by himself.  I think it's due to his teething, but I just have no patience for him between the hours of midnight and 5 am.

4. I don't know why all of Paxton's remaining teeth seem to be coming in at the same time during this round of teething.  He's been working on 4 molars (2 up and 2 down) and 2 regular teeth on the bottom for the last few weeks.  I just noticed this morning that he seems to be getting 2 more regular teeth on the top.  Normally he doesn't get really whiney or have many symptoms while he's teething, but he normally only gets 1 or 2 teeth at a time.  Gah!

5. This is my 3rd week of getting up at 5 am to run on my eliptical.  The running part seems to be getting easier, but the getting up is not.  It also isn't helping that I have Paxton's teething/not sleeping to add into the mix.  I also stand by the fact that I probably would be more willing to exercise if it was as easy to lose weight as it is to put it on!

6. I am so excited to go see "Water for Elephants!"  I just finished reading the book for the 2nd time, and I'm hoping that the movie doesn't disappoint.  My cousin, Paige, went to it and said it was great.  Hoping to go sometime this week : )

7. I totally have a renovation bug right now.  I want to change so much about our house.  Now I just need to find someone to bankroll it for me ...  I'll probably just settle for re-painting our bedroom this summer (hopefully).  *sigh*

8. I really want to get our pictures hung up on our picture wall this year.  I got all the pictures framed last year and just never got around to hanging them up.  I'll definitely have to update a bunch of the pictures if we do get around to putting them up.

9. I am totally vain and love that women usually love my engagement/wedding rings.  For some reason it seems that a lot of people have been looking at them and commenting on them lately.  Must be twitterpated or something I guess.


10. Started reading "Prince Caspian" from the Chronicles of Narnia yesterday because we watched the movie on Sunday.  I remember now why it took me so long to read the series!  I find the way it's written very difficult to get in to.

2 comments:

  1. :) Fun list sis - minus the teething :( And sooooo proud of you for getting up at 5 am and running! I know it's brutal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might have to try this too- I am good at random! teeth gggrrr

    ReplyDelete